Wednesday, September 19, 2012

A Seussical Spectacular!

I admit it. I threw an over the top (for me) birthday party. The pressure of society got to me. It was really fun, though and exceeded my expectations. I could not have done it without three very amazing ladies: Heather Moon, Miranda Ashmore and Natalie Jourdan. I am indebted to them for the rest of my life!

Here's the invitation. I got the idea from somewhere on Pinterest. Paul was able to copy that design on Photoshop using a Dr. Suess border package we got here.



Clearly the theme was nothing original, especially for twins. It was Dr. Seuss themed, specifically Thing 1 and Thing 2. But really, thanks to Pinterest why would I need to be original? Here's a picture of the cupcakes we made. I got the idea from here.

(The cotton candy does in fact melt quickly!)
Here is a great example of how I have a general idea of something in my head and my friends/family make it awesome! Aunt Heather through this together the morning of the party...

This is what the cupcakes were supposed to look like...



Here's the spread of food! I got various ideas from websites like this one as well as this one and made modifications to fit our menu. The awesome banner made by Natalie!



Goldfish Colors made me lie about the "Blue Fish"part. Thanks for making me look like a fool Pepperidge Farm!

Birthday Cake Oreo balls! So yummy! So yummy!


Delicious pasta salad via Paula Deen...



The hotdogs had not been put out yet. We used Nathan's brand. Love them!






My attempt to come up with a creative way to display the name cards for food. I had extra "hats," so I made these for centerpieces...

The borders for these cards came in the same package we purchased for the invitations.

We also had Beezlenut Juice (courtesy of Horton Hears a Who). Also known as blue Kool Aid, but I didn't get a picture of it. 

Happy Birthday To You! books people could write birthday messages in...


Here's a close up of the goody bags. There were various Dr. Seuss quotes on these that sounded something like: "it was a fun time, but now it's over" I was quite proud of these.



The birthday boy. He acted like the party was just another day in the life of Levi.


The birthday girl. She had the attitude "it's my party and I'll cry if I want to," and she did fuss off and on. Mostly if anyone tried to take her from her Mommy. That's stereotypical Allie.


They got lots of cute clothes and fun toys!


We kept having to get Allie back in the room to finish opening presents, but she did pretty good opening them...with her teeth!


Cake time! More like icing time. That's all they ate of it, and thankfully not all of it! Aunt Heather did an awesome job on their cakes!


We thought it looked like Allie was blowing out her candle here:


"I don't know about this..."

Poser!
I guess they liked it...



Allie was over the cake at this point. (Do you like me and Paul's themed outfits?)...


I think it's safe to say that we won't be throwing a huge party like this every year. I just can't handle that. Maybe every 5 and the big milestones like 13, 16, etc. I've got my heart set on a Princess and Pirate themed party at some point. At least I have a while to work on it and the best friends and family in the world that I can count on the make it just as special as their first. Levi and Allie in case you didn't know you are very loved big parties or not. 

Now if I could just accept the fact that my babies are already one year old...

1 comment:

  1. I love this!! I am so sad to have missed it too. You & your family & friends did a fabulous job!!

    ReplyDelete